Friday, September 01, 2006

Your iPod Is the Ultimate PowerPoint Accessory

Here is some truly great advice for how to use your iPod as the ultimate presentation machine. In a nutshell, the idea is to download your presentation as images into your iPod and then hook it up to a projector or TV. That's pretty much it! It is both simple and brilliant! Of course, iPods also have built-in stopwatches to practice timing your presentation. This article also links to some software that will automatically convert PowerPoint slides and PDF files into images for viewing on your iPod.

Having worked in engineering and marketing for Westinghouse, sales and project management for Mitsubishi, getting my MBA, teaching at church, and now gearing up to start giving academic presentations, I have given more than my fair share of presentations. I love the idea of keeping backups of all my presentations on my iPod. I've been caught in more than one situation when my computer decided to have problems at inopportune moments.

Here is a video showing how to run a preentation from your iPod. This is from what looks to be a fantastic blog on how to give great presentations. Another idea I got from this video is to save your presentation as a PDF file and keep it on a USB thumb drive. If your computer conks-out, you can view your PDF on almost any other computer (it doesn’t matter if it has PowerPoint) and won’t have to deal with the new machine “spontaneously formatting” your presentation.

Brilliant!

Hattip Lifehacker.

No comments: