Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy Independence Day, India!

Triya shares some of her Indian pride this Independence Day:

Hats off to the independent spirit of independent Indians. We have what it takes despite the odds. Think about Vidyakar. I would love to listen to his story of what it took to be where he is today. He is well known, but there are so many unsung everyday heroes. We Indians do not have grand TV programs and Medals for our heroes; nevertheless, we are proud of them. They have shaped Independent India through 59 long years.

We are yet young, and have much to achieve. However, we now have the distinction of "..those ruddy Indians in call centres, they are taking our jobs away.." Makes me very proud to see the world look up and recognise, even if its due to misplaced job security and immigration fears. What a bunch of resilient people we are. Even as I write this I am grinning from ear to ear, and my chest swells in pride at our achievements.

Triya has many reasons to be proud of her country and to be excited about its future. With a special place in my heart since my visit there in 2003, I am thinking of all my Indian friends and family on this very special day.



Happy Independence Day, India!

1 comment:

prakashan said...

Happy Independance Day!
Independance Day Cartoon
http://www.toondoo.com/toondoo/View.toon?param=39353