Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hulu Turns One!



I've blogged several times about Netflix and still am enjoying that service. However, my friend Luke has also pointed me towards hulu.com and I've found that to be a great (free!) service as well. I am a fan of the TV show Heroes (which airs on Monday nights), but don't get good reception of NBC in my room. Netflix streams the show, but doesn't update their site with new episodes until early Wednesday morning (even though they claim they will have it on Tuesdays). Hulu has it the day after the original airing and is in much bettter quality than if I watched the original broadcast. If I can delay a day watching the show, I can do so in higher quality and on my own schedule.

I highly recommend hulu for those of you who haven't tried it before. As I mentioned, it's completely free, looks great in full screen, and has a surprising number of TV shows and movies you can watch on demand. This is the future of TV.

Happy birthday, hulu!

No comments: